Friday, May 1, 2015

Some ICONS tricks, part II

SYSTEM: ICONS

If you are converting a character from Champions, and said character has an NND, how do you represent it in ICONS?

Today's idea--

The attack is an Energy Drain, Extra: Ranged, Limit: Blocked by X, where X is whatever stops the NND.

No, it's not exactly  the same, but it's as close as I come today.

Vulnerabilities are a different thing.

I want a villain to take extra damage from a certain type of Attack, like the Champions vulnerability. Normally it's a limit on the defence (Resistance to Damage 8, Limit: not vs. cheese). 

Depending on the effect you want, I might try different vulnerability wordings.

If you want to be nibbled down, maybe my original thought--"Fire is a degree more effective" so even an effect of zero is treated like a moderate success.

Or maybe "Fire is twice as effective!" So a fire aura of 3 is treated as if it's a 6.

Steve's "Fire! My only weakness!" is great if what you want is stunning. I could justify the other responses, too

Minions could have "Kill it with fire."



No comments:

Post a Comment