Monday, September 11, 2017

Manslaughter Redux

SYSTEM: ICONS

Years and years ago, in a Champions campaign, I had an homage to the Joker, and what I intended was that he had the pweor to come back from the dead, but that every time he did so, he would have a new power. Kill him once, one new power. Kill him again, another new power. And so on... To keep him from gaining new powers, the players would have to keep him alive.

(Of course, that wouldn't stop him from killing himself to get new powers...)

I don't recall that I ever had him come back...I think that campaign folded before it happened. (And the usual reason for my campaigns folding is that I had spotted a logical inconsistency in something I had just tossed off, and I had no answer. So I would put off doing another adventure because I just had to figure it out, dammit, and the campaign would wither as we went on to something else. See "Alderson Disk Campaign.")

But I thought of him this weekend when I was thinking of recurring villains in superhero campaigns. I don't have the notes from that campaign any more (there was a purge: I don't have the notes from much anything any more), but I figured I could re-create him in ICONS.

I was just going to do the "extra power per death" thing by GM fiat, but I'm also big on the "provide a game mechanical way that's legal" thing for GM characters as well as for player characters. So I thought about it and there's one attached. You don't have to use it, of course.

Manslaughter
PROCRDSTRINTAWRWILSTAMINA
55554712
Specialties: Athletics (+1), Technology Expert (+2)
Powers
Affliction (Lethal)6
Immortality5
Extras: Side Effect Magic, no roll5
Limits: No control over new power5
Gadgets4
Qualities
We're all crazy, but I know it
Nice to henchmen
Resilient and adaptable

No comments:

Post a Comment