Friday, October 6, 2017

Wednesday's Drop In...

SYSTEM: ICONS

Didn't really happen. Only one player showed up. He had an idea for a new character and fortunately the dice gods played along. But my head still hurt and once the character was created, I was glad to quit. If I'd been feeling better, maybe I would have run him solo for a bit, but I just wasn't up to it.

Still, I did show up, so that's a step in the right direction. But if the existing two guys are the only ones who show up on Wednesdays, well, it's nice to have an ongoing campaign but it's not really a drop in kind of thing, is it?

Audio quality continues to be a problem. I said I was going to write up troubleshooting for people and I haven't. So I should do that, and then...

I'll have to think about what to do next. If the point is to expose the game to more players, this isn't doing it (yet).

Possibilities include changing the time or the venue, though that might not be fair to the players who are showing up. I can probably do a second weekly drop-in, but maybe I want to add two staggered biweekly events so there are three different nights of drop-ins. Changing venues is probably important: I could do something over on Infrno, or via Skype, Hangouts, or Discord. Any of the three might have better audio, and I can show images on Hangouts and Skype just by sharing my desktop. Dice would have to be on the honour system, but that's generally okay by me anyway; I worry about cheating because I am weak-willed, but don't actually worry much about others. (I don't cheat, but I'm sometimes tempted. And in a fine example of projection, I suspect others might be tempted too.)

On the plus side, last Wednesday is the first time that only one player showed up, and I have apologies from the other. So that's cool. I don't want to let these folks down, either.

Well. Think think think.

No comments:

Post a Comment